TECHNOLOGY AND SYSTEMS SUPPORT
IT and Systems Support is located in suite 1031 in the CEHD building.
Georgia State Resources
- Email ListServs
- Email and File Storage
- Add Campus Email to your Android Device
- Add Campus Email to your Android Device with the Outlook App
- Add Campus Email to your iOS Device with the Outlook App
What happens to your GSU email account once you’ve left the university?
- Software Purchase for work or home use.
- USG Technology Store – software and services at a discount for faculty, staff and students of the USG system.
- Download Software
- Installing and operating Adobe Creative Suite from your work laptop.
- Computer Purchases – discounts for faculty and staff.
- Panther Mart – from office supplies to technology; login with your campus ID/password.
- Connecting to the CEHD File Server for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Microsoft Remote Desktop – From a Windows computer – connecting to your office computer from off-campus.
- Dropbox for those with consumer accounts – view information about GSU moving to Dropbox below. ♥
- Download this instruction sheet if you already have a consumer Dropbox account.
CEHD Dropbox Rollout
In order to simplify file sharing and have a reliable, easily accessible backup and recovery system, Georgia State University (GSU) is providing Dropbox and Dropbox for Teams to all faculty, staff and researchers. This will allow the CEHD faculty and staff easy access to their files from anywhere, provide privacy protection, and virtually unlimited storage space.
The three major components to this CEHD Dropbox project are:
- GSU Dropbox account creation.
- Moving your current H: drive (home directory) either to Dropbox or to Microsoft OneDrive from our current CEHD server, ED-VNX1. OneDrive is not going anywhere so you can use this area for storage as well.
- Migrating the current mapped CEHD server drives I:, J: and K: to Dropbox for Teams.
The CEHD Dropbox rollout project is scheduled to be completed before the end of the summer semester.
For those who have a consumer version of Dropbox (either free or paid) currently, STOP — Please read the attached document first before requesting a GSU Dropbox account. If you are already using your GSU email address as your Dropbox account login, it is important to understand the implications of “MERGING” your existing account with your new GSU-provided account.
What you need to do to get a GSU Dropbox account:
CEHD faculty and staff — click the following link to login and fill out the: Dropbox account request to have your GSU Dropbox account created at your earliest convenience. You will receive a university Dropbox welcome email when your account has been created. This process may take a day or two.
**Important** Business managers and unit directors please forward this information to your PTIs, GRAs and student assistants. Have your GRAs and student assistants put their @gsu.edu email address in the Dropbox request form. Do not use @student.gsu.edu email accounts.
Both GSU IIT and CEHD tech support will announce training opportunities in the coming weeks to help those unfamiliar with Dropbox. We want everyone to go ahead and get their GSU Dropbox account now so you can have it when we announce training.
I will send out a separate email in the coming days providing additional Dropbox resources; including, how to move your home directory (H: drive) off of the CEHD server and settings, which are particularly useful when using the Dropbox desktop app. These topics will be covered in training sessions as well.
Dropbox for Teams
Please do not move any files or research data from the I:, J:, K: drives on our current server to your individual GSU Dropbox space. The CEHD IT team will move that data and then inform you when it is complete and how to access it in our new CEHD Dropbox for Teams space.
If you have issues or questions with getting your GSU Dropbox account, logging into it after you receive the welcome email or issues related to moving your home directory create a GSU help ticket by calling 404-413-4357 or emailing [email protected]. You can also create a help ticket creation form.
College Technology Manager
Technology and Systems Support
College of Education & Human Development
Georgia State University
The IT Team
- Email Gordon
- CEHD Suite 1031, Office 1032
- Email Titilayo
- CEHD Suite 1031, Office 1038