The steps necessary to create your site/page:
- The form (below)
- Content audit, if needed
- Sitemap — from the form we will create a sitemap which helps determine your navigation
- How to best create the content
- Image/photography/video needed
Do you have content already? If not, you’ll need to create content for the buckets you determine. Common buckets include About (a list of the individuals involved in or directing the lab), Contact (do you need a contact form or will an email/phone number suffice?) and a homepage that features an overview of what your lab/clinic, etc. does. Think about how you will keep your page/site refreshed (new content). Some people ask for a blog, but they don’t provide updates for it to keep it fresh.
A content audit gives you the opportunity to sift through your current website/page and determine what needs to change, be trashed or moved around. Download a content audit XL sheet.
- Pexels.com — Royalty and attribution-free images
- Hemingwayapp.com — A useful tool to help write concise and clear content at a grade level specific for Web use
- Georgia State guidelines for writing — Writing guidelines that follow AP style
- Web color guides — Georgia State approved
- Template collections — see what Georgia State has that we can use to help you build your site
- Overall Georgia State branding, logo use, etc. — CommKit
- If you would like to schedule a photo shoot contact Claire Miller.
- If you would like to schedule a video shoot contact Hillary Meister.
- If you need professional headshots, schedule with Georgia State’s photography studio for a free headshot
The full package:
Once you’ve considered all of these items, if you need to schedule a meeting email Hillary Meister.