Some of our departments hire GRAs to help with Web upkeep and content creation, others have one of their administrators handle it and others utilize their faculty. However you do it, your person will need training on how to maintain, update and create new content for your website. You can arrange training with email@example.com or attend a course through Georgia State’s Technology Services on how to work with WordPress.
Allow up to 3-5 business days for a response. Contact the college’s Web coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our Web service supports the College of Education & Human Development’s Web presences. Our sites are part of Georgia State University’s collection of websites. The content management system we use is WordPress.
Our websites are virtual portals to the College and our programs for an external audience. The function of our sites is to attract prospective students — both undergraduate and graduate.
Web accessibility is important to maintain so that people with disabilities who use the Web will enjoy ease of use. While the university has made our WordPress websites accessible, we need to be mindful of the multimedia and documents we upload to our sites.
We will offer training on occasion.
Resources, Tutorials and Videos
- CETL’s accessibility assistance
- Table Regularity — how to make a correction during a PDF accessibility check when it says, table regularity
- Other elements alternate text failed — How to make a correction during a PDF accessibility check when it says, Other elements alternate text
- How to resolve a failed appropriate nesting error
- How to tag a PDF for accessibility
- Making tables more accessible
- Section 508 CoP: Remediating Word Documents – Part One
- Section 508 CoP: Remediating Word Documents – Part Two
- Section 508 CoP: PDF Accessibility – Part One
- Section 508 CoP: PDF Accessibility – Part Two
Official 508 Compliance Websites
- If you have updates to your directory profile (new publications, new photo, new CV, etc.) please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not fill out the profile form again as it will create duplicates.
- If you have updates or edits for your websites send them to your Web content manager, if you have one (some departments do) or to email@example.com.
- If you have updates or edits for your program pages send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hillary Meister is the Web coordinator for the college. She began with CEHD in July of 2013. In 2017, she won the Staff Innovators award and in 2018, completed a near yearlong Staff Innovators Program facilitated by Georgia State University.
Previous to her work with CEHD, she spent time with Georgia Gwinnett College as an online Web content producer and social media manager.
Before entering the world of higher education, she spent most of her career working for multimedia and newspaper companies. She covered on-the-street activities and social media for the 1996 and 2000 Summer Olympics, worked for the Cartoon Network, Cox Interactive Media and for an ABC affiliate television station as a film editor and camera person.
She graduated from the University of Central Florida in Orlando with a bachelors in film/radio/tv and from the University of Georgia with a masters of education in English education.
Her dog, Hamlet, recently passed his therapy dog test and is available for classroom visits.
The following people of the college help with content creation, direction of content or as liaisons between their department and Web services.
Humans of CEHD focuses on an individual student, alumni or professor. Visit our YouTube page to view more.