Support educational researchers through the strengthening of internal and external relationships.
Support educational researchers’ post-award activities, including financial administration and research support.
Support educational researchers’ pre-award activities, including grant searching and proposal development.
The College of Education & Human Development is ranked 11th nationally in research expenditures on the National Science Foundation’s Higher Education Research and Development (HERD) Survey.
Percentage of CEHD principal investigators who are women
Total research funding the CEHD received during the 2021 fiscal year
The total funding that CEHD research centers received during the 2021 fiscal year
Total research expenditures at Georgia State University in the 2020 fiscal year. Since FY2010, Georgia State’s research expenditures have increased 150 percent, making the university the fifth fastest-growing institution in the nation.
Pre-Award Grants and Contract Officers
- Review RFPs
- Provide timelines for proposal development
- Work with faculty to create budgets and budget justifications that meet sponsor and institutional requirements, include correct rates for salaries, fringe benefits, and indirect costs
- Assist faculty with cost-share arrangements
- Review required proposal documents for adherence to the RFP and upload documents into sponsor systems
- Route proposals for required signatures before submission
Post-Award Grants and Contract Officers
- Track project spending and perform monthly expenditure reviews on all sponsored projects in their portfolios
- Track faculty effort across projects
- Request cost transfers, re-budgets, no-cost extensions and so forth
- Initiate sub-award requests
- Approve grant-related expenditures in Georgia State systems
The ORSP Team
- College of Education & Human Development
- Georgia State University
- External Resources
- Sponsor Resources
RESEARCH NEWS AND EVENTS
The Office of Research and Sponsored Projects supports students, faculty and staff in the College of Education & Human Development with pre-award and post-award activities.
Suite 330 on the third floor of the College of Education & Human Development building
30 Pryor St. SW
Atlanta, GA 30303