- Dr. Jonathan Cohen from the learning technologies program in the Department of Learning Sciences will assist all faculty and GTAs who are teaching this summer.
- Dr. Janet Burns from the learning technologies program in the Department of Learning Sciences will assist all PTIs who are teaching this summer.
- Uzma Bhatti from the CEHD Dean’s office will assist with technical issues specific to iCollege.
- Sam Daniel and his team will continue with their technical assistance.
Dr. Cohen and Dr. Burns will be assisted by doctoral students from the instructional technology doctoral program. The graduate assistants all have experience teaching online at Georgia State and in face-to-face settings, and they have studied and conducted research on online learning.
The team can work with instructors to:
- Modularize course content when appropriate
- Design meaningful online discussion
- Manage group work
- Make decisions about synchronous vs. asynchronous delivery
- Design assessments appropriate to online learning environments
- Calibrate course pacing for online environments
- Orient and communicate with students about course expectations
- Create appropriate activities that align with course objectives
- Understand the need for timely student communication and feedback
*Faculty, GTAs and PTIs are also strongly encouraged to take advantage of the resources provided by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning: cetl.gsu.edu/resources/resources-for-remote-teaching-and-learning. For technical issues associated with online teaching and learning, please submit requests to email@example.com.
Faculty, GTAs and PTIs can email CEHDOnlineSummer20@gsu.edu with questions or to schedule a videoconference; we will reply within 24 hours. Or, faculty, GTAs and PTIs can visit our drop-in online office hours. Please note: There are different times and locations for faculty, GTAs and PTIs.
Faculty- and GTA-only drop-in office hours:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (except July 3): 12-1 p.m.
PTI-only drop-in office hours:
Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 12-2 p.m.